A*STAR-STB Travel Grant
The Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR), Singapore – Singapore Tourism Board (STB) Travel Grant is meant to help defray part of the cost for attending CinC 2019 @ Singapore for early career researchers. This travel grant is worth SGD$500 (approx. USD$365) and will be awarded to successful applicants who are less than 5 years post conferment of their PhD, who do not reside in Singapore, who submit acceptable papers to be presented at CinC 2019 and who do not have adequate funding potential to attend CinC 2019. Applicants for the A*STAR-STB Travel Grant may also enter the Rosanna Degani Young Investigator Award competition.
The full set of eligibility criteria is as follows:
- You must be less than 5 years post conferment of PhD on the deadline for submission (15 April).
- You must not be residing in Singapore.
- You must submit a 4 page paper (full paper) by the early full paper submission date for CinC 2019 (tentatively on 15th April 2019). There are no restrictions on topic for this travel grant.
- You must submit the standard conference program abstract describing the research presented in your paper, for distribution to reviewers and (if it is accepted) for conference attendees.
- You must submit proof of eligibility, consisting of:
- a statement confirming your date of birth, country of residence;
- a statement of how this grant will enable the participation of the applicant;
- a letter on departmental stationery, signed by your supervisor, confirming the above points and adding any other supporting comments;
- a brief CV of no more than 2 pages.
There will be a total of 10 travel grants to be awarded and successful applicants will be presented with the award at the closing ceremony of CinC 2019 @ Singapore. Failure to attend CinC 2019 @ Singapore will be regarded as a forfeiture of the award.
Selection criteria for the travel grants will be as follows:
- Quality of the research and its description through review of the full paper and/or abstract
- Priority will be given to applicants who do not receive any other awards such as YIA finalists, Mortara Fellowship (if applicable) and the CTA to avoid overlapping funding.